I kid you not - I get requests daily to donate artwork or time to a worthy cause. I would love to help everyone out, but were I to give artwork to everyone who asks, it would take me about 5 years to fulfill 1 year's worth of requests.
And I'd entirely lose my source of income.
I do, however, think that giving back is a huge priority. That is why philanthropy is a big part of my business plan.
- I donate a percentage of my gross sales to animal welfare.
- I volunteer my (and my family's) time at our local animal shelter.
- I volunteer within my community and local schools.
- I provide free consulting to a number of local groups I've had a long relationship with.
- I have a select number of animal rescues I partner with on special programs.
So thank you for thinking highly enough of my work that you would like to include it in your fundraiser. At this point I will respectfully pass, but always wish you the best of successes. And thank you for your efforts to help those in need.