Friday, April 25, 2008
FROM LEFT: "Paratrooper Puppy I," 6" x 12"; "Paratrooper Puppy II," 8" x 10"; "Paratrooper Puppy III," 12" square. All in acrylic on board. Each painting depicts a vintage Fisher Price Little People dog with a Fisher Price Adventure Family parachute (there's also actually a zip-tied involved, too, but I used artistic license and painted that out). Inquiries, including requests for higher resolution images, may come to email@example.com .
Yet another installment in the "Tags, Toys & Treasures" series of paintings. These were done for my client who is decorating her nursery with vintage toys and my paintings. Her most recent additions to the decor include one of these Paratroopers along with "Shooting the Rapids," which I posted on Monday. (Thank you, Kelly! I can't wait for you to unwrap these most recent two!! )
You should have seen this photo shoot - my 13 year old was getting into the challenge of hurling the paratrooper high enough that there would be enough ballast in the chute. Domenic tried launching from the treehouse (not high enough), with a slingshot (too fast), and from the top of a ladder (which sunk into wet ground and became dangerously unstable). Next he wanted to try the rooftop, but Mean Mom drew the line. He protested, "But this is for Art!" A very good argument, but I still didn't cave. At least he has his priorities straight, even if he has absolutely no sense of personal safety.
Meanwhile, I'm lying on the ground with my camera, scooting around, trying to shoot up into the parachute as it falls, giving him direction - "That one fell too twisted.... I really want the red section in the front.... try to throw it so there are trees in the background.... that better not have been dog poop I just scooted through...." (it was).
If our neighbors didn't think we were odd before, they definately do now!
If you are in the Detroit area, I'll have a booth at next month's Flower Fair and Art Show in downtown Lake Orion the weekend of May 17th-18th. You can stop by and grab a paratrooper painting for yourself (if any are left!), and go through a stash of other dog-a-day pieces, gallery stretched canvas paintings, limited edition giclees and notecards. I've been working like a mad woman, building inventory for several spring-time events coming up. Inquiries or questions can always come to me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Thanks, as always, for looking. And for forwarding these paintings and stories to your friends and family.
Enjoy your weekend!
PS It's Derby Week next! Stay tuned - I'll be squeezing some equine works into the dog-a-day mix.
Kimberly Kelly Santini
distinctive pet portraits
& 4-legged paintings
come. sit. stay.
enjoy the art.
Founding member of the Canine Art Guild
the gateway to canine art on the web
All the Dog-a-Days Ever......
- ► 2017 (121)
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (198)
- ► 2014 (170)
- ► 2013 (215)
- ► 2012 (213)
- ► 2011 (225)
- ► 2010 (212)
- ► 2009 (215)
- "Kentucky Skyline"
- "Lucy," 8" x 10", commissioned pet portrait of a l...
- FROM LEFT: "Paratrooper Puppy I," 6" x 12"; "Para...
- Daisy Mae's Bedhead
- Golden in the Snow (Sadie)
- Walker (Boxer Study)," 6" x 8", commissioned pet p...
- More from the Tags, Toys & Treasures series
- Workin on My Tan (Peanut #2)
- Belle, a Chocolate Lab
- Black Lab Study (Jackpot)
- "Peanut's in the Couch," 8" x 10", terrier pet po...
- "Black Cat Profile (Winnie)," 4" x 8", black long ...
- At the tail end of June (the 28th and 29th to be e...
- "Contentment", 6" square, acrylic boston terrier...
- "Honey," 8" x 10", commissioned mixed breed dog po...
- "Catch the Wind (Sage)," 8" x 16", shepherd mix do...
- "Lila," 11" x 14", commissioned boxer portrait, ac...
- "Baroo I (Sadie-Sage)," 6" x 8", commissioned pet ...
- ABOVE, FROM TOP: "Remembering Puddles," 5" x 7", S...
- ▼ April (20)
- ► 2007 (248)