Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Been Busy


 

It's been quiet on the studio front, but trust me, lots has been happening. Just a few highlights:
  • The Caped Crusader graduated 8th grade and is officially a high schooler, and, far more importantly now, a high school football player.
  • The Princess completed 5th grade with high honors, and is headed to rule middle school with a kind and gentle heart.
  • Jetted to El Paso, Texas, to witness the baptism of the newest little Kelly, baby Dylan.
  • The Man Child got his first job, working at his favorite place in the whole world. McDonalds.
  • Had a sunset bar-b-q (NO hamburgers!) and counted the stars as they came out.
  • Spent a day at Wet -n- Wild water park. A 114 degree day. But it was a dry heat.
  • Weathered a fierce storm that brought down one of the tallest, most ancient trees in our yard.
  • Picked - and processed - nearly 20 lbs of fresh strawberries.
  • Had a fish fry.
  • Walked barefoot in Paint Creek.
  • Painted Van Gogh's Irises on my back porch floor.
  • Enjoyed the Santini clan - including my niece who flew in from Paris - at the baptism of little Hazel-nut.

Good times - and I hope you and yours have been enjoying them too!

 
For those of you new to Painting a Dog a Day, in the summer months, I tend to paint during the late nites, so as to have day time hours with the kids. Now, with one curled up with a book, another on a sleepover, and a third at a friend's house, I am able to step into the studio and throw some paint around.

 
Let's see if I can remember how it's done!

 
Thanks for following along with me and my art,
Kim 
 
 
P S July's desktop calendar will come tomorrow - I didn't forget!!
 
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......