Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Bad Dogs




"Bad Dog I" and "Bad Dog II," which I suppose are from the "Emerging" series since they are on darker grounds, each 4" x 6" but completed on one 8" x 6" panel (so they are one painting that includes 2 images), acrylics on museum quality panel, inspired by an old wooden vintage Fisher Price Little People dog, $329 to the first asking nicely. And if you would like, I will cut these two apart so that you will have two separate paintings, all for the price of one. Just ask here!

Yesterday sneaked past when I wasn't looking. Today's doing the same thing.

But meanwhile, I was able to come into the studio last nite for a little quiet time with my brushes and easel, and I eeked out this little panel featuring two versions of a bad dog - one who grins and lies to your face, and another who averts his eyes and pretends he/she didn't do it (we all know both those looks well, don't we!?).

This afternoon I've got a couple appointments piggy backed onto some carpooling, but I'm hoping to get to the paint again late tonite, as I have a big 18" x 24" larger than life commission to make some progress on!

Thanks for following along with my artwork,
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......