Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Monday, May 11, 2015

Stallion


"Stallion," 16" x 20" x 3/4", acrylics on museum quality cradeled panel (no need to frame!), depicting a Thoroughbred stallion (inspired by Sydney's Candy at WinStar Farms). This painting is available for $1799, including delivery to your doorstep (inside the contiguous US) - inquire directly to me. In process photos here.

NOTE: "Stallion" has been entered in the 2015 Equine Jubilee exhibition, and as such, will now be available for purchase directly through the show coordinators. The exhibition will run from August 31st - October 16th. Additional information will follow once I have it.

Artistic Growth - It's a natural pathway, just like with learning any other process.

A dozen years ago, I was searching for a better understanding of color. Then I became interested in gestural brushwork and saying more with less marks. Then it turned to edges, balancing crisp refined ones with softer loss edges. And now it's sort of a free for all - I'm consciously working all of those areas in the earliest stages, but then allowing my intuition to steer the direction of the piece.

It sounds cliche, but it's a lot of fun, communing with my materials and muse.

And dancing badly in front of my easel.

Soundtrack to today's progress:  Deorro (I streamed it from Soundcloud, and just as a warning, there is some language in his lyrics).
  
Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork!
Warmly, Kim 
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......