Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Pooh Bear


"Pooh," 6" x 6," acrylics on masonite, depicting a stuffed Pooh bear. My stuffed Pooh bear, rescued from the stuffed animal bin at the Salvation Army. I have a thing for taking in creatures that need love, don't judge me. This painting was for sale, but sold in just a few minutes over on Facebook. If you would like me to paint him again, I am happy to - let me know

A Near Disaster

I first painted a little bouquet (see below), and then set about to putting together a new still life. Ultimately, Pooh spoke out the loudest, although in the simplest of terms, as Pooh does. 

I messed around with him on my desk, then a shelf, then a chair. But he seemed happiest on the floor, at the foot of my easel.

So I set to painting him, and was making good progress. And then, the dog came into the studio, took one peek at the stuffy on the floor, dove for Pooh, and then made a run for it.

Such are the dangers of stuffies in my household. 

Pooh was rescued, albeit a little soggy for the wear, roughly repositioned, and my painting session continued.

There's always excitement around here. Always.

Painting below: "Bouquet IV," 6" square, $75 to the first asking nicely. Send me an email!

Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork,
Warmly, Kim 



Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......