Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Crest, a Chestnut horse Painting


"Crest," 3" x 11", acrylics on museum quality panel, depicting a chestnut horse's neckline, $249 (with complimentary shipping and handling to a US address). In the same vein as reworking old paintings with new knowledge, this is a little piece done from a favorite reference photo which I have painted before. Each time I revisit the idea, it turns into something new. Email me if you would like to to own this treasure of a painting - and thank you so much for your interest!

Last year I took the entire month of December off. I'd never done that before. If you recall, in 2014 I encountered far too many goodbyes, and when my daughter's friend got her wings in September (cancer sucks), I decided to focus on family over the holidays instead of taking on extra commission work. I suppose it was a good thing, because in December my minivan got totaled (I had just paid it off!!) and I found myself unexpectedly shopping for a new car. Days later my son's "second mom" passed away (ALS). And then right after Christmas, another dear friend died (have I said how much cancer sucks?). Last December was pretty sucky.

But it's history. 
 
This year I am back to work, painting commissioned portraits (which are all mostly secrets I can't share yet), doing cover art for a specialty magazine (shhh, it's a secret!), creating new works for various exhibitions and taking care of all sorts of other tasks (because when you are a working artist, you have to do it all, from bookkeeping to inventory control to logistics to marketing to IT). 

And making time for family, too. The Man Child turns 21 next week, and a few days later The Princess will be 15. Sniff.

I also have rituals honoring those who have passed away; they give me peace each day, not just during December.

Hoping your month carries beauty, joy, love and family with it. 
Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork,
Warmly, Kim 
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......