Yes, you read the title properly. I MUST be crazy.
To commit to painting a dog every single day.
Simply to paint every single day.
But I think I can do it.
Well, perhaps I should revise that. I know I can do it.
I know I can. I know I can.
Why does that sound familiar?????
Actually, I am inspired by my mentor Elin Pendleton, who recently completed an entire year of a painting each day. And there's a whole group of committed artists doing this already on www.dailypainters.com - there's some pretty exciting artwork going on there! Capped onto these ongoing projects my recent exercise of starting a new little piece each day to warm myself up for (supposedly) bigger and better things.
You see, I am a pet portrait artist by trade. I paint dogs and cats and horses and guinea pigs and all other assortment of animals. But it's dogs that make up the majority of my work.
And their great diversity in proportion and expression continues to fascinate me.
So, I'm defining a pretty ambitious project here.
One dog painting each workday for the next year. (Yeah, I'll give myself the weekends off. Pretty generous, eh? Actually, just trying to be practical here...)
So stay tuned tomorrow for the next installment.
Until then, thanks for looking, as always!
Kimberly Kelly Santini
distinctive pet portraits
& 4-legged paintings
founding member of the
Canine Art Guild
the gateway to canine art on the web
All the Dog-a-Days Ever......
- ► 2017 (121)
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (198)
- ► 2014 (171)
- ► 2013 (215)
- ► 2012 (215)
- ► 2011 (225)
- ► 2010 (212)
- ► 2009 (215)
- ► 2008 (235)
- ► 2007 (248)
- Great Dane study, 4x5", dog painting in acrylic o...
- Golden Retriever puppy, 5x7, dog painting in acry...
- Shitzu study, 5x7, dog painting on canvasboard, $...
- The Misty's Blue Misty, 6x8, canvasboard. Pink Mi...
- Basenji study, 5x7, dog painting on canvasboard, ...
- This is yesterday's painting. Still playing catch...
- From Tuesday, when the Dog a Day idea first hit me...
- Yes, you read the title properly. I MUST be crazy....
- ▼ October (8)