Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Monday, June 25, 2007


“Schnauzer Study (Max),” 6” x 8”, schnauzer portrait in acrylic on canvasboard, private collection (thank you!).

It has literally been years since I last painted a schnauzer. I remember Gretel, a schnauzer from my childhood, as a streak of violet and silver, her moustache and ears flopping as she streaked across her yard. And then there was Schnaufer, one of my first commissioned portraits and the most solid schnauzer I’ve seen to date, who’s coat seemed pure silver with eyes of molten copper. Funny how certain images stay with you, isn’t it?

Their silky little mugs are so much fun, though – all the lavenders and blues and pinks contrast well with the deep set dark eyes. And when clipped, their fringes accent their features and make for terribly playful subject matter.

So here is today’s dog, a schnauzer who used to live down the street from me. Our paths crossed again in the last few months, and I was asked if I could paint Max. Of course I said yes, while trying to contain my excitement (I’m easily amused, or so I’ve been told).

Thanks, as always, for looking.
And please do share these paintings with your friends and family!
Kim

Kimberly Kelly Santini
http://www.turtledovedesigns.com/
distinctive pet portraits
& 4-legged paintings

http://www.paintingadogaday.com/
come. sit. stay.
enjoy the art.

Founding member of the Canine Art Guild
http://www.canineartguild.com/
the gateway to canine art on the web
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......