Wednesday, March 05, 2008
"Luna," 8" x 10", black lab service dog puppy portrait. Like the remainder of the paintings from this week, the proceeds from Luna's painting will be donated to Paws With a Cause (http://www.pawswithacause.org/). Inquiries to email@example.com .
Luna went off to school, but things didn't work out. She's returned to her foster puppy family, where they are further assessing her skill set and capabilities. Then Luna will be set up with specific training to allow her to accomplish that. In the past, PAWS puppies who cannot live their lives as full-time service dogs have enjoyed a diverse range of jobs: acting as a demo dog for school-visits and other demonstrations, filling in as a "loaner" in instances where the primary service dog has become ill or is unable to work, even completing intensive task specific training such as search and rescue.
I have no doubt that Luna's future will be bright - you can see it burning in her eyes.
If you have interest in purchasing a giclee of Luna, drop me a line (firstname.lastname@example.org). Giclees would be approximately 5" x 6-1/2" and cost $30 plus $7 shipping and handling and applicable Michigan sales tax. $5 from each purchase will be earmarked for Paws With a Cause. If I get at least 5 orders I'll go ahead and issue prints.
Meanwhile, I'd like to share something I read this morning written by Robert Genn, an artist who shares inspirational ideas several times a week through his newsletter (http://www.painterskeys.com/). (I am reprinting this with his permission). What he has written is pretty much my mantra, the state of mind I hope to slide into as I work up a new painting.
"Feel and relish the environment.
Get into a "be here now" state of mind.
Start your work anywhere.
Look cleanly and with an uncluttered mind.
Be joyous and unencumbered in your stroke.
Work everywhere at once when you can.
Try to leave your strokes alone.
Do not labour or think too much.
Don't sweat the small stuff.
Let the painting tell you what it needs.
Though it may be small, make your picture big.
Without being a wimp, serve your subject.
Don't verbalize your sight--sense the being.
Surrender to earth's beauty and wisdom.
If you make errors, fix them in good humour.
Be suspicious of what you've been told, how you ought to do things, and what you ought to think."
His words are a timely reflection on what it means to be creative, no matter what your language or media. They can also be applied to life in general. (Although I'm not certain I can surrender entirely to any more snow - I'm done with it!!).
Thanks, as always, for looking. And for sharing these paintings with your friends and family.
See you tomorrow,
Kimberly Kelly Santini
distinctive pet portraits
& 4-legged paintings
come. sit. stay.
enjoy the art.
Founding member of the Canine Art Guild
the gateway to canine art on the web
All the Dog-a-Days Ever......
- ► 2017 (121)
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (198)
- ► 2014 (171)
- ► 2013 (215)
- ► 2012 (215)
- ► 2011 (225)
- ► 2010 (212)
- ► 2009 (215)
- "Season to Taste," from the "Tags, Toys & Treasu...
- I am now taking orders for giclees on two of my mo...
- "Turtle's Butterfly," from the "Tags, Toys & Treas...
- Sweet Somethings
- "Rhodesian Gaze (Ridgeback Study)," 6" x 8", dog p...
- "Great Pyrenees (Ollie)," 8" x 10", commissioned d...
- "At Attention (Yorkshire Terrier)," 8" x 16", yor...
- "Billie," and "Olive," both commissioned yorkshire...
- From upper left, clockwise: "Maia," 6" square; "Lu...
- "Green Glass Bunny," from the "Tags, Toys & Treasu...
- "Hippity Hop," 4" x 5", wind-up plastic frog, in a...
- ARTISTS NOTE: Giclees are available of this paint...
- FROM TOP: "Spaniel Study," 4" x 5", King Charle...
- FROM TOP: "Beatrix Potter Chocolate Peter Rabbit...
- FROM TOP: "Deeno", 5" x 7", mixed breed commissio...
- "Buddies (Pippen & Sheba)," 8" x 16", mixed breed ...
- FROM TOP: "Winter Sunlight #1," 6" x 8", black cat...
- "Three Bones (from the Tags, Toys & Treasures ser...
- ARTISTS NOTE: Giclees are available of this pain...
- "Pearl," 5" x 7", yellow lab service dog puppy por...
- "Luna," 8" x 10", black lab service dog puppy po...
- "Demi," 6" x 8", chocolate lab PAWS service dog p...
- Welcome to March's Animal Welfare Week! Every mont...
- ▼ March (23)
- ► 2007 (248)