Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Orange, from Theresa's Rainbow


"Orange (from Theresa's Rainbow series)," 8" square, pit bull portrait in acrylic on board. Inquiries to ksantini@turtledovedesigns.com .

Some days you just keep moving forward. This was one of those days.

This morning I received a phone call from a dear friend that she had put her wonderful dog to sleep. Dinah and Amos haunted my every step - it hit so close to my heart, having lost Miah just a few short months ago, and knowing that their relationship was so very much like ours. And then another dear friend (I do have too many to count, for which I am ever so grateful) informed me of last minute travel plans, heading cross country to help her ailing father.

It seems very shallow or empty to throw a daily painting into the world amongst all this, but move forward we must. While remembering those who made our paths passable, whether they first offered a hand to toddling legs, or simply steadied us with their mere presence in times of need.

So, with that I give you another Theresa painting. Theresa, who is the poster child for tenacity and strength of spirit.
Thanks, as always, for following along with the Dog a Days.
And for sharing these paintings with those who matter in your lives.
Kim
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......