Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Thursday, August 21, 2008



"Pigtails," another yorkie painting to follow up yesterday's, this one complete with leash and little girl, 12" square, acrylic on board, $539. Inquiries to ksantini@turtledovedesigns.com .

I just finished the best book, "The Art of Racing the Rain" by Garth Stein. I mention it because the main character, Enzo, is a terribly wise and philosophical dog, one you can't help but connect with. I especially loved the bit where Enzo "blacked out" while dismembering a room full of stuffed animals - and then pointed the blame somewhere else. It also was highly entertaining when he intentionally pooped on his evil in-laws expensive oriental rug (sorry, Mom and Dad - you most certainly are not evil in-laws, nor do I intend to suggest that). If you can pick the book up, I do recommend it, even though it's a bit Hollywoodish at the end, it is a wholly satisfying read.

Thanks, as always, for looking at and sharing the Dog-a-Day paintings with your friends and family!
Take care,

Kim


Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......