Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Friday, September 05, 2008

Remembering Turtle, my own studio muse


"Calico in Profile (Turtledove)," 8" square, calico cat portrait in acrylic on canvasboard, not yet available for purchase. I have two different shows on my radar for this painting, which will get framed and prepped to share with a new audience. Interested collectors may email me at ksantini@turtledovedesigns.com .

This is my Turtle, the studio namesake, as she was several years ago, fat and content, before she started showing her age. I hadn't painted Turtle in many months, but doing Jack yesterday made me lonesome. Seeing her likeness materialize out of paint was oddly welcoming - like she had returned for a visit. There's a second painting of her on the easel right now, with that forthright gaze and her lopsided mask - that one has been more difficult to work on because her eyes lock into mine and demand interaction.

This painting, however, practically slid off the brushes. It was ridiculous. While working, I realized exactly how much had changed since the fall of last year, her final one, when she watched the leaves turn and the squirrels hurry about the yard. Had Turtle known then the journey she was about to begin?

Thanks, as always, for looking.
And for sharing these paintings with your friends and family,
Kim
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......