Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

"Droopy," the 8th Dwarf


"Droopy," 4" x 5", basset hound mix dog portrait, acrylic on board. Won't he look darling framed and tucked into a special place? Inquiries may come to ksantini@turtledovedesigns.com .

After painting Droopy, I got the idea to paint the dwarfs from Snow White. Don't ask me how I made that connection - I'm not certain myself. But can't you see it? A bulldog as Grumpy, a golden retriever as Happy, a sheepdog as Sneezy, a mastiff as Sleepy - ahh, this could be really fun. Now all I have to do is carve out the time to paint them!!
And to paint the foil wrapped holiday chocolates I picked up, too - truffles, Santas, and other great shapes. Gotta paint those before I eat them.
So many ideas, so little time.

But first it's off to make dinner. I've decided to grill a steak (in the falling snow, no less). Sweet potatos are in the oven and we'll have a big salad. Thinking of doing all these paintings works up a good appetite!

Thanks, as always, for your time in looking at, and sharing these paintings with your friends and family.

See you tomorrow!



PS Don't forget that I'll be doing a book signing at Margot's Gallery in Oxford Michigan this Sunday from noon until 4pm (call for directions: 248-628-5398). Stop by to pick up your own copy of Painting a Dog a Day - the First Year, browse through Dog-a-Day paintings available for purchase, and share stories/pictures of your own pets with me. I'm looking forward to spending some time with you.
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......