Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Friday, July 10, 2009

Mongo

"Mongo," 6" x 8", commissioned pet portrait of a mixed breed dog, acrylic on canvasboard, private collection (or so I think - I'm still waiting to hear back from my client). Inquiries may come to me.
 
While I love all dogs, mixed breeds are especially fun to paint. Each has an endearing look, all the more special because they are one of a kind. So for these guys the painting process is serendipitous - I'll never do another similar piece (unless I paint the same dog again).
 
Guess it's also part of the whole "keeping it fresh" bit. Mongo is daily painting #718. If they were all of, say, Golden Retrievers, things would get a little dull in the studio. Not that I don't love those floppy, happy retriever smiles, but 718 of them would start to look all the same.
 
The mixed breeds bring variety, delight, and uniqueness to my easel. I hope they bring the same to your eyes.
 
Wishing you all a great weekend full of swishing tails and panting faces,
Kim
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......