Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Winter Sunlight III

"Winter Sunlight III (Miah)," 5" x 7", black cat portrait in acrylic on canvasboard, my personal collection. Inquiries may come to me.

It's been a while since I last painted Miah, my original studio muse. This new painting came from the photos I took during her final days. I couldn't decide if I wanted to depict her frail like she was in the pictures, or if I should add a little flesh to her silhouette and clean up the fur.

I ended up somewhere in between. This painting has some beautiful passages, and because it doesn't have to strictly represent any particular cat or age, I have the freedom to leave it as is.
A special thanks to the new collectors I met at the Addison Oaks event this last weekend. I ended up staying 1-1/2 hours after my scheduled end time in order to sketch portraits for those who were in line, and I am so appreciative of your patience and perseverance. It was a beautiful day, and I enjoyed meeting all of you!

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork with your friends and family.
Kim
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......