Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sunning Herself


"Sunning Herself," 16" square, acrylic on 2" cradeled Ampersand Gessobord (see image below for an appreciation of the depth of the panel), commissioned pet portrait of a black kitty, private collection (THANK YOU!). Inquiries (including booking your own pet portrait, from miniature size [4" x 4"] to larger than life, or commissioning a "re-paint" like this one) may always come to me.


Those of you who are long time Dog a Day readers may remember the original versionof this painting from May 2008. When my ancient black cat and right hand crossed the bridge, I found tremendous solace in painting her likeness. For months afterwards.

And when a new collector recently asked if I could paint another version because my kitty looked so much like her old girl, and then her mother secretly came on board and asked if I could do it as a surprise birthday gift, the whole premise changed.

"Sunning Herself" has a greater nuance of color and tremendous presence - partly because of the increase in scale, partly because of the change of surface, and partly because of my artistic growth.

And, I think, partly also because I was able to paint with a lighter heart and a better appreciation of the circle of life, the fragility of our physical time with our pets, and the strength of those ties.

And partly, too, because I simply love working on projects like this, where I know the recipient will be pleased and shocked beyond measure.

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork with your friends and family.
Kim

SHOP ORIGINALS & LIMITED EDITION GICLEES: at my Etsy shop
ORDER CUSTOMIZED NOTECARDS & REPRODUCTIONS: at Imagekind
COMMISSION A PET PORTRAIT: contact me
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE: contact me
READING MATERIAL: Preview and order each of the Dog a Day books at the publisher's website: The First Year (2006-2007) and That's 14 in Dog Years (2008). If you would like your copy personalized, order them through me.
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......