Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Book Smarts

I have just returned home from a fabulously inspiring day spent doing all sorts of things, but, oddly enough, NOT including any time at the easel.

The photo above includes my spoils from a Book Making class I took today. It was led by the miraculous Pat McGraw (how I WISH this woman had a website, becaue you all need to know her). I learned all sorts of techniques and bindings, as amply demonstrated by the 8 samples I brought home.

My book binding diploma came in the form of 2 Twix bars, which I immediately knew were lonely. They made fast friends with a glass of red wine, and the night turned even better (if that's at all possible!).

All of which is much inspiration for my workshops that start up in a few days.

Now it's my turn to create some most excellent lesson plans - my Children's Creative Journalling workshop begins on Sunday, and the grownUP Journalist's get their turn to play on Thursday. (The children's winter sessions are full, I'm accepting enrollment for the children's spring classes, and there are a few seats remaining in the grownUP Journalling sessions.)

Meanwhile I'm off to try some new techniques on some of these new books.

Thanks, as always, for supporting my artwork!
Kim

PS You haven't forgotten about the 10% off newly booked commissions, have you ?? the project has to be booked during this January, but can happen any time during 2011. Shoot me an email if you are interested!


Journaliste's
Sunday, January 16th, 3-4pm
Lake Orion, Michigan

Please join myself and the most fabulous Creative Journalists ever, as we in share imagery captured during the last 6 months of Creative Journalling workshops.

Photographs clearly demonstrate the student's brilliance as they embrace the idea of personal expression, no holds barred.

The exhibition will remain on display through February, so if you cannot make the opening celebration, please make a point to stop by and enjoy the creativity.

And feed your child within - consider taking something special from the store home as well. Little Monsters stocks a phenomenal variety of books and toys and carries some of our most favoritest art supplies, too.
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......