Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Shipping Day


As exciting as it is to get a piece juried into an exhibition, I dread the next step.

Packing and shipping.

It's different than merely sending a painting off to a new home because exhibition pieces are framed and wired for hanging, and the packaging must be such that it accommodates a return trip home.

Today I built boxes to house three pieces headed to Kansas for next month's 25th Annual Art Show at the Dog Show.

I photographed them in their finest (see above, below, and a little further beyond that), labeled them according to the event's instructions, and delivered them to the shipper.

Now I'd like to get to the easel and distract myself from thinking about their road trip, but there's a few days worth of emails that deserve my attention first.

And I've got to start a pot of chili.

It probably wouldn't hurt, either, to get out (with the kids) and spend some time deep cleaning the bunny hutch, since the temperature is above freezing. I'm sure they'd appreciate that (Lily and Clover, that is, not necessarily the kids!).

If you are interested, notecards can be ordered of any or all of my 2011 Art Show at the Dog Show pieces here. I'll make prints available once the originals sell.

Thanks so very much for following along with my artwork!
Kim




Going Green

I am very lucky to have a framer who builds my frames from scrap moldings. Because my paintings are typically 8" x 10" or smaller, she is able to use the leftovers from other projects when framing mine.

This has also eased the guilt that happens when a collector wants to replace the frame in order to match a particular decor.

I hate waste!

We are big, very big, on recycling. It's important to us that we respect the Earth.

So it makes me happy to discover ways to make the studio even greener.

If you want to locate a framer who can do the same, call around and learn who builds frames in-house. Ask if they are able to use their scraps to complete your project.

Apologies

There was an error in yesterday's link to the notecards for "What a Lady," the painted sketch of the chestnut mare. The correct link is here. So sorry about this!
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......