Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Begonia, Finished

 
 
 

"Begonia," 10" x 16", acrylics on a museum quality panel, still life of potted plants alongside a sleeping orange tabby, $629. Inquiries can come via email, thank you very much.

 
And don't be afraid to ask about our putting together a special painting starring your furry companion.

 
Thank you for the wonderful response to my call to throw more creativity and beauty into the world (yesterday). I think I feel a shift in the balance of positive energy already.

 
And it's not related to the box of Girl Scout cookies I ate this afternoon, either.

 
Thanks so much for following my artwork,
Kim

 
 
photo courtesy of Diana Ostrand - copyright protected


When Diana showed me this pic of her Frieda taking a break from making trouble, she recognized the look in my eyes. I think that's because she's a painter too. I didn't even have to ask (THANK YOU, Diana!).
 

You'll see that I made a number of changes, all shifts I felt made improvements to the composition.

 
Life is just an inspiration - at some point we have to put the references aside and go with our gut.
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......