Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Friday, August 01, 2014

Spin Cycle



"Spin Cycle," 18" x 24", acrylics on museum quality panel, featuring a Thoroughbred race horse getting bathed after his morning workout, available through Spa Fine Art .

I was stalking bathers.

I honestly was. My friends' cameras were mostly pointed at the training track, but I was facing the other direction, looking for those who had already run and were ready for a little rub down.

This painting was inspired by a handful of gorgeous bathers from Todd Pletcher's stable one early morning last week in Saratoga. And this painting was completed during a 10 hour live painting session last Saturday at Spa Fine Art, also in Saratoga.

I am so proud to be one of the many talented artists Spa represents - and they are the exclusive carrier of my Thoroughbred racing scenes. Reach out to them for personalized service like you'll get nowhere else.

Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork,
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......