Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Kisa


"Kisa," 8" x 10", acrylics on panel, depicting a gorgeous British Shorthair cancer survivor (she lost her eye to melanoma). This painting is done in acrylics on a Raymar panel, and will be headed home once the varnish dries. Inquires on acquiring one of my limited commissioned pieces may come directly to me. Thanks so much in advance!

#YourTurn, #DayTwo

As mentioned yesterday, this week I am participating in the #YourTurn Challenge. Inspired by Seth Godin, #YourTurn is made up of bloggers who recognize the privilege of an audience, and collectively are pledging to deliver content for 7 days straight. Today is #DayTwo, and my assignment is to share "What's Important to Me." I'll try to keep it short, in no particular order.
  • My family.
  • My insanely brilliant and cherished circle of friends.
  • The security of a roof over my head.
  • The tools of my trade.
  • Music to fit every possible mood (thank you Spotify and Soundcloud!)
  • Books, whether it's a worn paperback handed me by a friend, something from the library, or a digital download, content has never before been so easily available.
  • Kitten Therapy and walking the dog.
  • My yoga mat. My yogi master (I could call her a mistress, but that might raise eyebrows) and the dear beacons I practice with.
  • Eyesight, even though it be sorely nearsighted, it suffices to show me color and nuance and joy.
  • Inspiration (it's everywhere) and Whispers* (they are everywhere too!)
Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork!
Warmly, Kim 

*Whispers are messages from the universe that one hears only when fully present
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......