Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Monday, February 15, 2016

Stepping Out, In Process


In process, "Stepping Out," 14" x 18", acrylics on museum quality panel, painting of a black Gypsy Vanner horse. I am trying out a couple new-to-me things with this panel, and so far I am very much in love with it, although the outer legs still need some shifting/adjusting. My intention is for this to be a color-blasted dark horse on a lovely harmonious ground - it'll be all about contrast, unexpected color and movement. If you are interested in purchasing this piece when finished, please let me know so I can send you an update and detail shots when it is finished.

I don't want to jinx us by bragging that no one is home sick in bed any longer, so I won't mention it. Hope nobody is sick in your household, too. This year's flu is a nasty houseguest indeed.

It sure is nice to be upright and pushing paint again!
Thanks for following along with my artwork,
Kim
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......