Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Legs, done!


ABOVE "Legs," 24" x 36", acrylics on museum quality panel, portrait of an Arabian filly. There's layers of marks here that one really has to get in close to fully appreciate, and they build up a remarkable play between lost and found edges. I've included a detail below so that you can get a sense of how varied and subtle the surface is. This painting is $4299 with complimentary US s&h directly to your door.

This is a chestnut filly, so she's growing up sassy and opinionated, like all chestnut filly's do. She is looking for a home that is equally sassy - if you think it might be yours, let me know.

For those interested in the creation of Legs, there are in process photos online

Thanks for your interest in my artwork,
Kim



Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......