Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Friday, September 08, 2017

Apollo

Apollo. 12" x 12", acrylics on museum quality panel, $529 to the first asking nicely. Inquiries may always come to me.
I am finishing up a workshop with Ardith Goodwin focused on framework. Understanding the things that thrill us, and using that knowledge to paint with intention and infuse our work with a passionate connection from the very get go.

It's no surprise that unexpected details delight me (pun intended). And I spent the last 8 weeks defining and exploring my realms of delight.
So it should follow that my work will carry the same sorts of elements - like a pink equine posing as Apollo, drawing the sun across the sky.

These pieces also give me a place to ostrich (bury my head in the sand) and pretend for just a moment that our world isn't quite so ugly.
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......