Skip to main content

NEW PAINTING Winterberry

 

Kimberly Kelly Santini 
artist, instructor, daydreamer



"Winterberry," 24"x30", acrylic on flat panel, not yet for sale. However, all of these paintings are..... I would love to wrap one up for you!! Reach out with any questions and thanks so much for your interest in my artwork.

It's been a couple weeks since my last newsletter, which is a sad oversight on my part. I've been so caught up in my easel time and making all sorts of other connections with respect to my work and studies (yes, I am always learning!) that I've not prioritized writing.

But I have:

  • shoveled and chipped ice and snow until my body ached
  • updated the offerings on Fine Art America (prints and reproductions), including all of the Talisman pieces that have found new homes
  • been honored with a second place award at Starkweather Arts Center in their annual membership AND earned an honorable mention in the International Society of Experimental Artists members' show
  • created a wonderful video lesson from Snowglobe (the glass rabbit in the snowy woods, which was the last piece I wrote a newsletter about) that's been updated to my Patreon (online classroom)
  • been on my yoga mat daily since the beginning of the year 
  • continued drawing foxes, foxes and more foxes, with plans to reveal them at a solo show this fall (I'm so excited - this is my first solo show in a couple of years, and I am really diving in to my work)
  • and signed 2 other bear paintings that I'll share in the coming days......
I will list some new Talisman paintings for sale in early to mid March, too, once I get a couple more pieces completed. So stay tuned for the details on that.

Thanks, as always, for following along with me and my artwork.

Be well,
Fondly, Kim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Copyright Thieves

Dear Copyright Thieves,   Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's free for the taking. So let's just stop pretending the internet is a free-for-all.   Don't play the card that you didn't know - that's insulting. And don't also tell me that you meant to follow up and get permission but never got a chance to. That's insulting too. And by the way, don't you have a copyright protection notice on your own site?   And don't even try and point the finger at a third party who commissioned you to make a copy of my painting - again, an insult - you and I both know the difference between a reference photo and a painting.   And don't tell me that I asked for it because I share my artwork on the internet. I share my paintings and ideas and the stories behind them so as to encourage others to pursue  their own passions . I do not share so that those lacking integrity and morals can copy and market the images as their own...

Grindstone

"Grindstone", 16" x 20" acrylics on museum quality panel, depicting Grindstone, just a few strides away from winning The Kentucky Derby in 1996. Read more about this painting's story below - it's a good one! And inquiries may come directly  to me .  Paying it Forward Shortly after getting The Derby Gig, which neatly dovetailed my childhood passion for horse racing with my grown up obsession with painting, I started formulating a plan to give back to the universe. As it played out, The Kentucky Derby Museum got involved, and it was decided I would donate a piece to them, something they could use as a fundraising tool to further their education efforts.  "Would I be interested in painting Grindstone, the winner of the 1996 Derby?" they asked. But of course! Little did I know the background story, though. Every year the Museum asks the owners of the Kentucky Derby winner to donate one breeding to the Museum when th...

Golden Open Acrylics

I get all sorts of process oriented questions. Most recently I've been getting asked a lot about my paints and palette, which made me realize what a nice blog topic this would make! I use a Masterson Sta-Wet Premier palette box . This is comprised of a box (think Tupperware) with a sponge liner and a slice of palette paper that work together to keep my paints wet. This setup allows me to work with the same palette for about a full week, having the box open for multiple hours every day. You can see what the palette looks like at the beginning of a new session above - below the exact same palette after this week's work. For the last 25 years I have used Golden brand acrylics, mediums, and varnish. I love the overall quality of these paints and the fact that, when I have a question, their customer service department is made up of artists who actually use the products. Until last year, I used their Heavy Body paints exclusively. They have a buttery consistency, a little loose...