![]() |
Flutter, 12x12, acrylic on cradled panel (no need to frame, painting will arrive wired and ready to hang), $950, available exclusively through my website.S&H inside the contiguous US is on me. Hawaiian, Alaskan and Canadian shipping available at additional cost. NOTE: I have a 20” similar (unfinished) painting, along with a 6” square piece. Neither of these are currently available.
I first painted Butterfly Masks on Bear this last spring. The results were intriguing to me, but I was particularly challenged by my treatment of Bear and Butterfly as two separate living beings. That prevented me from allowing the collision to become something new and evocative. I switched out Butterfly with florals and sky, knowing I could take artistic license with those forms and not have a mutilated life on my hands, and had multiple goes at various iterations.
I also was inspired by the varied life forms in the Dungeon Crawler Carl series of books (which I just finished last month and highly, highly recommend). Matt Dinneman gets 10/10 points for the utterly creative and vast collection of species he invented. One of the characters, Big Tina, a young bear who mutates into a dinosaur infected with vampirism, wears a tutu fused to her midriff, her ballerina tiara grown into her skin. She sparked a change in how I began to visualize mask - and clothing in general - they do not have to literally be something we wear or a separate layer/object. Thanks, Matt!
Now I’m onto the next problem - diaphonous form, veiled shapes, and heightened mystery. And also going larger with this one!
Flutter is available for purchase on my website where you can an also view her in a room setting or get your nose right up into the marks.
As always, I am so grateful for your interest in my work.
Thank you so much for your support.
Big Bear Love, Kim.
PS Payment plans on request for purchases greater than $500 - 30% non refundable deposit reserves the painting, with 6 months to pay off balance plus any s&h (my current pieces include s&h - paintings done prior to 2026 are at my old prices and s&h is a separate line item). Returning collectors - don’t forget to use “COLLECTOR10” discount at checkout for 10% off acquisitions. Questions can always come my way.
Creativity documents our voices and builds community, something profoundly important right now. How can you help elevate and keep artists’ voices alive? It’s simple:
engage with your favorite artist via social media
share what they are creating with your friends
take a course and hone your own voice
purchase original art or reproductions (see below)
fill their tip jar (let’s be real, it’s all about Treats for Blue, the studio dog)
Your support keeps the arts alive, which means future generations will understand our perspectives long after we are gone. Thank you.

Comments
Post a Comment