Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Friday, August 31, 2007





Today you get 2 for 1. Consider it my Labor Day gift!

First I'll give you "Spencer," a german shepherd portrait, sized 5x7. This is another commissioned pet portrait, and part of the same collection as yesterday's Peyton.

As is "Remi," the second piece, depicting a rottie-bermese mountain dog mix. At 8x16, Remi's portrait is packed with detail and actually is one painting I wouldn't mind keeping for myself. (Sorry, Spencer) But she'll get wrapped and shipped off with her brothers next week.

Those of you who perhaps have taken a life drawing class will laugh at this - but I feel like Remi is a nude stretched out with a drape and diffused lighting..... yeah, I'm a little twisted!!

Both of these portraits I started earlier this week at the Michigan State Fair demo. Once I got them home, and was able to add white to my palette, all it took was a couple of hours and they were done.

I wish all my readers a safe holiday weekend. Ours will be spent at a soccer tournament, punctuated with what promises to be a great live concert by one of our favorite local bands (yeah Radiocraft!! http://www.radiocraftmusic.com/) and, if I'm lucky, a little bit of antiqueing, too.

I'll return with the dog-a-days on Tuesday of next week, after I load the kids onto their respective buses, and then tire the dog out so much so (a long walk/bike ride, followed with some frisbe) that he can't pout and sulk too badly the remainder of the day.
See you in a few days,
and thanks, as always, for looking,
Kim

Kimberly Kelly Santini
http://www.turtledovedesigns.com/
distinctive pet portraits
& 4-legged paintings

http://www.paintingadogaday.com/
come. sit. stay.
enjoy the art.

Founding member of the Canine Art Guild
http://www.canineartguild.com/
the gateway to canine art on the web
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......