Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Out of the Dark, Beagle Portrait


"Out of the Dark," 4" x 8", beagle portrait, acrylic on canvasboard, $249. Proceeds from the sale of this painting will be donated to my local shelter, the Oakland Pet Adoption Center. Inquiries may come to me.
SOLD.

Busy day today - I've got an event this evening. It's an Arts Night at an elementary school. I'm given a classroom, which I turn into a pet portrait gallery, complete with a digital slideshow, finished artwork and pieces in process, including preparatory sketches and studies. For 4 hours tonight I will lead short drawing lessons and talk about the faces you have all seen as part of Painting a Dog a Day, encouraging children and young adults to consider their love for art as they plan for their futures.
It's always a great night, and I return home exhausted yet painfully energized. I'm looking forward to it.
And exercising the option of not painting tomorrow, should I feel like I need a little down time.
So perhaps I'll see you tomorrow, perhaps it'll be come Monday. Either way, make it a good time!
Thanks for sharing the Dog-a-Day paintings with your friends and family!
Kim
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......