Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Powernap (Jake, Labradoodle)

"Powernap (Jake, Labradoodle)," 6" x 8", dog portrait of a golden Labradoodle, acrylic on canvasboard, $324. Inquiries may always come to me.

SOLD.

I'm debating making the background a step or two darker in value - I wish my Photoshop skills were sharper so I could create a digital mockup in seconds. There's always something new to learn.

Today was my library's used book sale, and I am delighted with the treasures I found. I got a 1st edition of Aubrey Beardsley's Selected Drawings, a nice collection of Van Gogh reproductions that includes sketches and unfinished works, Phaidon's The Art Book, and my favorite, Andrew Loomis's Figure Drawing for All it's Worth. I grabbed a couple other titles, too, packed with artwork, a grocery sack worth of inspiration for only $7. I've got some excellent reading to look forward to, and owe a big thanks to the library patrons who donated my gems to the sale.

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork with your friends and family.
Kim
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......