Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Airedale I & Airedale II, Sketches



FROM THE LEFT: "Airedale I" and "Airedale II," each image approximately 8" square on a 9" piece of Multimedia Artboard, done in Golden Open Acrylics, painted sketches of two Airedales, $95 each. Inquiries (including booking your own pet portrait, from miniature size [4" x 4"] to larger than life) may always come to me.

I enjoy doing partner paintings - these two are intended to "look" at each other. The connected horizon line and similar colors further link the portraits.

This is the first diptych I've paintd on the Multimedia Artboard - I like how this surface allows me to build up loose blocks of color and glaze. It's the perfect surface for my painted sketches.

I'd love to do some more of these and explore other breeds, maybe even incorporate collaged elements. What do you think?

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork and musings with your friends and family.
Kim

TWITTER: ksantini
SHOP ORIGINALS & LIMITED EDITION GICLEES: at my Etsy shop
ORDER CUSTOMIZED NOTECARDS & REPRODUCTIONS: at Imagekind
COMMISSION A PET PORTRAIT: contact me
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE: contact me
READING MATERIAL: Preview and order each of the Dog a Day books at the publisher's website: The First Year (2006-2007) and That's 14 in Dog Years (2008). If you would like your copy personalized, order them through me.
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......