Skip to main content

Piggie Pie


"Piggie Pie," 6" square, done in Golden Open Acrylics on an Ampersand Gessobord, $299 to the first one asking "pretty piggie please."

Inquiries may come to me.

This reference photo came from a collector who is very actively involved in rescue. I've earmarked the proceeds from the sale of "Piggie Pie" to go to Piggie Paradise, the pig haven at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. I know she'll be pleased, and Piggie Paradise can do something special for their residents with the funds.

Thanks for sharing my artwork with your friends and family,
Kim

PS This painting is titled after one of my all time favorite books, Margie Palatini's "Piggie Pie." Check it out from your library and read it to a special kid!
Pictured above are just a few of the props I've accumulated for the project

Sweet Tooth

I confirmed today that Poppyseed Deli and Fountain in downtown Lake Orion (Michigan) will hang a new series of my paintings.

They've set aside the wall directly behind their old-tyme candy counter to showcase - guess what ?! - my still lifes of vintage candies.

Which means over the next couple days I'll be painting (and sampling) all sorts of candies, getting the pieces ready for installation in 2 weeks.

Anyone for a Bazooka?

Comments

  1. Je suis heureuse de vous retrouver... j'étais absente depuis quelques jours...
    Une véritable explosion de couleurs pour ce beau petit cochon!
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martine, I aim to please! thanks so much!! Kim

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

“Katie’s Moustache,” 6x12, pet portrait in acrylic on canvasboard, $90. Inquiries to ksantini@turtledovedesigns.com . One glimpse of Katie’s face, and I was hooked. Not only did she fall into my beloved “black & white” category, but she came with a full moustache and doe-like eyes. I first covered the canvas with a variety of blues and purples, using a (mixed) light green and pink for the highlights. (Right now my palette has been expanded to include the following: pthalo blue red, azurite hue, cad red dark, alizarine crimson, cad yellow dark, and then for graying/hazing out I use light green yellow and ultramarine purple.) I lighten with titanium white and darken with one of the blues and a touch of one of the reds. As a side note, at this time last year I was really struggling with my limited palette (I went from about 60 pots of paint to 3), but I have lived the benefits – I am so much more familiar with what I can mix given just this handful of colors. My paintings are also m...

Dear Copyright Thieves

Dear Copyright Thieves,   Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's free for the taking. So let's just stop pretending the internet is a free-for-all.   Don't play the card that you didn't know - that's insulting. And don't also tell me that you meant to follow up and get permission but never got a chance to. That's insulting too. And by the way, don't you have a copyright protection notice on your own site?   And don't even try and point the finger at a third party who commissioned you to make a copy of my painting - again, an insult - you and I both know the difference between a reference photo and a painting.   And don't tell me that I asked for it because I share my artwork on the internet. I share my paintings and ideas and the stories behind them so as to encourage others to pursue  their own passions . I do not share so that those lacking integrity and morals can copy and market the images as their own...

Golden Open Acrylics

I get all sorts of process oriented questions. Most recently I've been getting asked a lot about my paints and palette, which made me realize what a nice blog topic this would make! I use a Masterson Sta-Wet Premier palette box . This is comprised of a box (think Tupperware) with a sponge liner and a slice of palette paper that work together to keep my paints wet. This setup allows me to work with the same palette for about a full week, having the box open for multiple hours every day. You can see what the palette looks like at the beginning of a new session above - below the exact same palette after this week's work. For the last 25 years I have used Golden brand acrylics, mediums, and varnish. I love the overall quality of these paints and the fact that, when I have a question, their customer service department is made up of artists who actually use the products. Until last year, I used their Heavy Body paints exclusively. They have a buttery consistency, a little loose...