Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mental Health Day


 

Occasionally I discover that I need some down time. Rarely from the easel - it's all the other stuff - even buying art supplies can be stressful, especially when one mistakenly thought they had another tube of cobalt blue paint, and it's nowhere to be found and one's palette is looking all sad and feeling inadequte and stuff because there is no more cobalt blue......
 

Today I had a leisurely coffee with a new friend and fellow artist (waving hi to Laura here!!). It was wonderful to slow down and savor the beginning of the day, time where I'm usually making phone calls, fielding inquiries, and laying out my paints simultaneously.

 
And on my way home, on this gorgeous Indian Summer morning, I decided spontaneously to take today off. Not to do a million errands, but to purely make some fun.

 
Why not? My boss owes me plenty of comp time!!
 

I have a phone interview in 1/2 an hour with Deborah Wolfe of Animal Magnet Radio. But after that, I'm punching out and heading for the hills.

 
You hear me, Finnigan? Get off the couch - we're going to play frisbee. In the leaves!!

 
You have my permission to take the rest of the day off as well!! Go on, get outta here!!
Kim

 
PAINTING WORKSHOP, October 8th, Lake Orion Michigan, 10am-4pm. Email me for additional information.
 
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......