Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Snowflakes

 

Detail of "It's Snowing!" a multi-media collage built from various patterned paper, paint, and tissue.
 

Today I am driving kids about (they have a busier social life than me!), doing a bit of computer work (the harddrive filled on one of my computers, so I've been compressing/backing up/juggling data about), and considering some holiday baking (I started last night with a delish apple-cherry brandy laced cobbler!).

 
Which doesn't leave any daylight hours at the easel, but that's ok - I'm content to come in later tonite and set up shop once things have quieted down.

 
Meanwhile, I thought you might enjoy a snippet from one of several new mixed media experiments. I can't show either of them because they are Christmas gifts, but I think you get a sense of how much fun The Princess and I had with the "paper explosion" that occurred in the studio this past weekend.

 
Thank you so much for supporting my artwork and providing my livelihood,
Kim
 
 

 
 
Inspiration From the Math Doodler
 

I have long been fascinated with the concept of basic geometry as a starting point for a journalling project. Last night I got the chance to play around with some ideas.

 
And as I was working, I realized that this YouTube short, which I had watched with The Princess months ago, was inspiring my approach.

 
 

Take a peek at all her videos - they are so much fun!!
 
 
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......