Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Friday, August 03, 2012

Cooper


"Cooper," 8" x 10", a commissioned portrait of a dearly beloved golden retriever who recently crossed the bridge. This is done in acrylics on a museum quality panel. Cooper's painting has been spoken for, but I'm happy to privately discuss painting something like this starring your dog (or cat or horse or rabbit or guinea pig or whatever). Inquiries may come to me.

In process images are on the studio Facebook page.

Signed
Kim, who was delighted to open her palette up today, even if it did smell rather skunky and had a bit of a science project growing over the cadmiums.......

The Lure of the Easel

It's been 2 weeks since I painted in my studio. It's been nearly a year since I did a deep clean in there.

This week my goal was to do a wall each day - pull things down, wipe every surface, purge and reorganize.

A great concept, but not terribly realistic.

Monday I unpacked and did laundry. Tuesday I tried to dent my email volumes. Wednesday I buckled down and cleared off a wall of bookshelves. Yesterday I bailed for time with the kids. Today the easel won out.

What are the odds of another wall getting some attention this week?
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......