Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Scully

 
 
 

"Scully," 6" x 18", commissioned pet portrait, done in acrylic on museum quality panel, private collection (THANK YOU!). 

 
There's nothing more difficult than painting a beloved pet who's passed away for a collector who is still in mourning. And there's nothing more joyful than hearing from that same client when they've added a new family member and are ready for a new portrait.

 
Such is the story of Scully's project. He joined his family in the shadow of Molly's memory, but quickly forged his own way. And won everyone's hearts in the meanwhile.

 
I mean, seriously. Look at that face. It's no surprise, eh?

 
Fondly,
Kim, who's off to cheer a certain football team Scully style, with full abandon and a silly grin on her face

 
PS I'm accepting commissioned portraits for the holidays - let's begin planning your project now, before my calendar is full! email me
 
 
Share the Dog a Day love and forward this email to a friend - with my thanks, of course!
 

Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......