Skip to main content

YELLOW - The Color of Hope


If you have ever wanted one of my paintings but not been able to make it happen, now is your chance - read on!
"YELLOW," 8" x 10", portrait of a sunshiney yellow lab, valued at $469US.

The first layer of paint on this panel was a commission, and my buyer inexplicably flew the coop. After months of no response and feeling sad for this little face staring at me, I decided to make something positive happen.

So, I got out my brightest paints and reveled in yellow. She got a facelift and a new name, with the intention of bringing sunshine where it is most needed. Then I got to work figuring out the best way to send YELLOW into the world.

Here's what's going down - I'm raffling YELLOW off.  Proceeds will go to my local shelter - and I know there are many, many wonderful causes out there - but the giving does not end here - so, please, read on some more!!

The winner can choose to take YELLOW for themselves, or they may choose a gift certificate of equal value. In either instance, the painting or the gift certificate can be donated by the winner to their favorite cause - I will provide proper tax valuation paperwork to all involved.

And if your favorite cause is yourself, no explanation necessary - I understand completely!

YELLOW will be raffled on Friday, December 21st, after 1pm EST. All tickets purchased by noon EST on Friday will be included. (My apologies to those of you who follow the Mayan Calendar, but in all honesty, i couldn't have gotten the painting to you in time to enjoy anyways!) Tickets can be purchased starting now.

$2 is one raffle ticket. If you want more than one ticket, practice your math skills!  Use the Paypal button above or visit the raffle's webpage to purchase tickets.

Randompicker.com will choose the winner, and odds are based entirely on number of tickets sold.

I think that's all the deets you need!!

Except for one more thing - please accept my challenge to go out into the world and perform a random act of kindness. No need to report back - Karma knows how to find you - just send the challenge onwards. Everyone seems to be struggling today, and let's collectively do what we can to make things a smidge easier.

Kim, who's hugging you - yes you - today

Comments

  1. Beautiful painting and a great post, too.
    I hope I win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Fay, for your support!!

      Delete
  2. Une très jolie peinture... "Jaune" ira illuminer un foyer à qui je souhaite beaucoup de bonheur...

    « …Soyons plein de gratitude et de reconnaissance pour cette vie qui nous est offerte et qui nous montre qu’il est toujours possible de garder le sourire pour traverser les épreuves, de faire de sa vie un bel écrin d’amour… Que Noël soit chargé de sens et de douceur… »
    Avec de gros bisous,

    Martine Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet and beautiful note, Martine. Christmas brings us renewed hope and faith and a reason to celebrate the joys - amidst the heartache - of the world. Hoping your season is a wonderful one, full of giggles and wonderful memories. Fondly, Kim

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Copyright Thieves

Dear Copyright Thieves,   Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's free for the taking. So let's just stop pretending the internet is a free-for-all.   Don't play the card that you didn't know - that's insulting. And don't also tell me that you meant to follow up and get permission but never got a chance to. That's insulting too. And by the way, don't you have a copyright protection notice on your own site?   And don't even try and point the finger at a third party who commissioned you to make a copy of my painting - again, an insult - you and I both know the difference between a reference photo and a painting.   And don't tell me that I asked for it because I share my artwork on the internet. I share my paintings and ideas and the stories behind them so as to encourage others to pursue  their own passions . I do not share so that those lacking integrity and morals can copy and market the images as their own...

Grindstone

"Grindstone", 16" x 20" acrylics on museum quality panel, depicting Grindstone, just a few strides away from winning The Kentucky Derby in 1996. Read more about this painting's story below - it's a good one! And inquiries may come directly  to me .  Paying it Forward Shortly after getting The Derby Gig, which neatly dovetailed my childhood passion for horse racing with my grown up obsession with painting, I started formulating a plan to give back to the universe. As it played out, The Kentucky Derby Museum got involved, and it was decided I would donate a piece to them, something they could use as a fundraising tool to further their education efforts.  "Would I be interested in painting Grindstone, the winner of the 1996 Derby?" they asked. But of course! Little did I know the background story, though. Every year the Museum asks the owners of the Kentucky Derby winner to donate one breeding to the Museum when th...

Golden Open Acrylics

I get all sorts of process oriented questions. Most recently I've been getting asked a lot about my paints and palette, which made me realize what a nice blog topic this would make! I use a Masterson Sta-Wet Premier palette box . This is comprised of a box (think Tupperware) with a sponge liner and a slice of palette paper that work together to keep my paints wet. This setup allows me to work with the same palette for about a full week, having the box open for multiple hours every day. You can see what the palette looks like at the beginning of a new session above - below the exact same palette after this week's work. For the last 25 years I have used Golden brand acrylics, mediums, and varnish. I love the overall quality of these paints and the fact that, when I have a question, their customer service department is made up of artists who actually use the products. Until last year, I used their Heavy Body paints exclusively. They have a buttery consistency, a little loose...