Skip to main content

YELLOW Has a Home!!


 
 

"YELLOW," 8" x 10", portrait of a sunshiney yellow lab, valued at $469US.

 
I knew I could count on you!

 
On Monday of this week I announced a fundraiser for my local shelter, with the grand prize being the above painting or a gift certificate for a commissioned pet portrait. The event ran through noon today.

 
I just wrote a check to the Oakland Pet Adoption Center for $860! I can't wait to deliver it - I am filled with gladness, as this is a gift of pure compassion. Thank you to all who participated in the promotion!!

 
And earlier this afternoon I sent a congradulatory email to our lucky winner - I am imaging great rejoicing at their end, too. **UPDATE: The winner is torn between choosing YELLOW or a portrait of her orange tabby..... stay tuned for future developments!!

 
As a thank you, I have set up YELLOW for reproductions at cost through FineArtAmerica. Prints on paper start at $13. Grab a mess of them and spread the smiles!

 
Happy Friday!!
Kim, who's happy it's Friday

Comments

  1. Tracy Barnett5:48 PM

    Thanks so much for donating the money from the raffle to Oakland Pet Adoption Center. Words cannot express how much this means to us all ath the shelter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy, I am going to try to make it over there tomorrow!! It feels incredible to be able to help out in this fashion! So glad I could do it!! :)

      and thank YOU for all that you do - including caring for our kitty and bunnies when they were homeless - we are grateful for their little personalities and all they add to our lives, and that would not have happened without the OPAC!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Copyright Thieves

Dear Copyright Thieves,   Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's free for the taking. So let's just stop pretending the internet is a free-for-all.   Don't play the card that you didn't know - that's insulting. And don't also tell me that you meant to follow up and get permission but never got a chance to. That's insulting too. And by the way, don't you have a copyright protection notice on your own site?   And don't even try and point the finger at a third party who commissioned you to make a copy of my painting - again, an insult - you and I both know the difference between a reference photo and a painting.   And don't tell me that I asked for it because I share my artwork on the internet. I share my paintings and ideas and the stories behind them so as to encourage others to pursue  their own passions . I do not share so that those lacking integrity and morals can copy and market the images as their own...

Grindstone

"Grindstone", 16" x 20" acrylics on museum quality panel, depicting Grindstone, just a few strides away from winning The Kentucky Derby in 1996. Read more about this painting's story below - it's a good one! And inquiries may come directly  to me .  Paying it Forward Shortly after getting The Derby Gig, which neatly dovetailed my childhood passion for horse racing with my grown up obsession with painting, I started formulating a plan to give back to the universe. As it played out, The Kentucky Derby Museum got involved, and it was decided I would donate a piece to them, something they could use as a fundraising tool to further their education efforts.  "Would I be interested in painting Grindstone, the winner of the 1996 Derby?" they asked. But of course! Little did I know the background story, though. Every year the Museum asks the owners of the Kentucky Derby winner to donate one breeding to the Museum when th...

Golden Open Acrylics

I get all sorts of process oriented questions. Most recently I've been getting asked a lot about my paints and palette, which made me realize what a nice blog topic this would make! I use a Masterson Sta-Wet Premier palette box . This is comprised of a box (think Tupperware) with a sponge liner and a slice of palette paper that work together to keep my paints wet. This setup allows me to work with the same palette for about a full week, having the box open for multiple hours every day. You can see what the palette looks like at the beginning of a new session above - below the exact same palette after this week's work. For the last 25 years I have used Golden brand acrylics, mediums, and varnish. I love the overall quality of these paints and the fact that, when I have a question, their customer service department is made up of artists who actually use the products. Until last year, I used their Heavy Body paints exclusively. They have a buttery consistency, a little loose...