Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Friday, December 21, 2012

YELLOW Has a Home!!


 
 

"YELLOW," 8" x 10", portrait of a sunshiney yellow lab, valued at $469US.

 
I knew I could count on you!

 
On Monday of this week I announced a fundraiser for my local shelter, with the grand prize being the above painting or a gift certificate for a commissioned pet portrait. The event ran through noon today.

 
I just wrote a check to the Oakland Pet Adoption Center for $860! I can't wait to deliver it - I am filled with gladness, as this is a gift of pure compassion. Thank you to all who participated in the promotion!!

 
And earlier this afternoon I sent a congradulatory email to our lucky winner - I am imaging great rejoicing at their end, too. **UPDATE: The winner is torn between choosing YELLOW or a portrait of her orange tabby..... stay tuned for future developments!!

 
As a thank you, I have set up YELLOW for reproductions at cost through FineArtAmerica. Prints on paper start at $13. Grab a mess of them and spread the smiles!

 
Happy Friday!!
Kim, who's happy it's Friday
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......