Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. At first the paintings were mostly dogs, but over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, children and other treasured heirlooms.

And yes, I accept commissions!

You are invited to sign up using the links at the left to receive the dailies via email or follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Jockeying

 
 
"Jockeying," from The Saratoga Series, 5" x 20", depicting 5 jockeys and their mounts fighting for position, acrylics on museum quality panel, $599 to the first one asking nicely. Inquiries may come to me. Please and thank you.
 
 

Remember the hot mess from a couple weeks back? Well, I sweated it through and signed off on it today. Feels darned good, too!

 
This painting is part of a new body of work celebrating Saratoga Race Courses' 150th Anniversary. This summer I'm ushering in the track's birthday party with a live painting session at Spa Fine Art on Saturday July 27th. I was honored to be invited and those of you who joined me last year know how much fun we had - so mark your calendars. Let's do it again!

 
There are lots of in process pics on the studio facebook page - you may have to scroll a bit through the Mobile Uploads folder, as progress on this painting stretched out well over a week.

 
Now I'm off to get a couple sketches going.
 

Thanks as always for following along with my artwork!
Kim
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......