Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Monday, March 04, 2013

Spotlight

 
 
"Spotlight," 6" x 8", portrait of a young dancer, done in acrylics on museum quality panel, collection of the model.
 
 

This is Elizabeth's daughter - you remember Elizabeth? the one who drug me all over central Florida last week? - Well, her daughter Emilie is an accomplished and exquisite dancer. She turned out to be quite the muse as well.

 
While I was staying with them last week, Emilie, a freshman in high school, successfully auditioned for an apprenticeship in a professional dance troupe. She also invited me to her dance studio, where I met a few of her teammates and got to watch them perform. 

 
Breathtaking.

 
Sadly, I left my camera back home. So the lovely photo inspiring this painting was provided courtesy of Douglas Nelson Photography. I say this all the time, but please make sure you have the photographer's explicit permission to create derivative art from their work. Thanks for granting me permission, Doug!

 
And thank YOU for following along with my artwork!
Kim

Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......