Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Queen Anne's Lace and Paying it Forward




"Queen Anne's Lace," 5" x 16", acrylics on a museum quality panel, inspired by a journal page I did earlier this week.

Last November my community lost a young girl to leukemia. "Pay it Forward" cards were created with her name and picture on them, and untold numbers of acts of kindness started in her memory.

I wanted to do something extra special. Something that would keep this child's memory alive much longer than buying a cup of coffee or a tank of gas.

And today it came to me. A Random Act of Art. A painting created by me, inspired by her, and gifted to a stranger.

When designing this piece, I thought of how delicate Queen Anne's lace appears, but how resiliant the plant actually is. It reminded me of a child with a serious illness, vulnerable and yet stronger than we can even imagine.

This painting is "hidden" somewhere in my community, along with a Pay it Forward card. My hope is that it brings untold smiles to whomever finds it, and that they are inspired to keep the ball rolling.

Thanks for following along with my artwork,
Kim




Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......