Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Turn Up the Heat, in Process





In process detail of "Turn Up the Heat," 9" x 12", acrylics on museum quality panel, depicting young dancers from Broadway Dance Company. This painting belongs to The Princess, but reproductions will be available in a couple weeks - I gotta finish the piece first!


My daughter (aka The Princess) is a competitive dancer. Every year I create a painting inspired by the studio's big production number. We then sell posters as a fundraiser to offset the dancers' tuition and competition fees.

This year's production number is titled "Miami Heat," and it features these fabulous sparkley turquoise beaded costumes. And Anthony, looking dapper as always in a killer white tuxedo.

I'll share order details as soon as they become available - but meanwhile am jumping back to the easel. I have a little work to do.

Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork,
Kim

Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......