Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

ArtPrize 2014 - Nestled, In Process






















In Process, "Nestled," 30" x 30", acrylics on cradeled birch panel, four different larger than life views of a particularly troublesome kitten (daVinci). This painting is headed to ArtPrize (hopefully) where it will be available for $3,900 to the first one asking nicely.


Have you heard of ArtPrize? After only a handful of years, it's become one of the largest art festivals in the world - I was fortunate enough to be an artist in 2012 and to spend a weekend visiting last year. It's pretty inspiring, to say the least.

How does it work? Well, artists put together a proposal online. Their work is then matched with a participating venue. The venue hangs and coordinates all the display details, and the artwork is publically on view for the duration of the festival. Entries are juried by a board of curators/peers as well as eligible for popular vote awards.

Right now I'm actively seeking the perfect match for my entry, a portrait of daVinci in quadruplicate. I'm also actively applying paint and photographing the process.

You are invited to follow along with the painting's progression - and maybe even come visit Vinnie when he's in Grand Rapids this fall!

(I'm trying not to let this go to his head, but ever since I started this painting, he thinks he's even more of a Big Deal.)

Thanks as always for following along with my artwork,
Kim




Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......