Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Cornflower







"Cornflower," 8" x 10", acrylics on museum quality panel, a still life depicting a Schleich toy draft horse and some other items, $469 to the first asking nicely .

First I painted the Schleich horse, but there wasn't anything identifying him as a toy So I added some marbles, but things got even more confusing. 

It was then that I saw my pristine box of crayons on the shelf.

Which got me to thinking that this painting completely summarized my childhood in a few simple items. There will be more of these once I get some other commitments completed.

Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork,
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......