Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Friday, December 12, 2014

Hot to Trot - Finished!


The finished version, still damp to the touch! "Hot to Trot," 12" x 12", acrylics on a Raymar panel, depicting Marzipan, a Barbie Fairytale plastic horse. "Hot to Trot" is available for $599 - inquiries may come to me. Please and thank you!

Fridays start with yoga class. I've missed it for various reasons for over a month. My instructor had taken to calling me the "Yoga Dropout," it was that bad! I practice at home, but nobody pushes me as hard as her, so getting back on my mat this morning was a wonderful gift to myself. By the end of the class, my head was clear and my muscles all stretched out and quivery.

Yoga was followed up by a massage. The past few weeks have been riddled with stress and I needed to work out the tension I'd been carrying in my back and shoulders. Easy fix - lavender butter, quiet music, and a little snooze. My brain slipped into slo-mo and my muscles were even more quivery by the end of it all.

Then I got to step into the studio to put the finishing touches on Hot to Trot. The painting flowed easier - not sure if it was in part due to my r&r from the morning, but I'm super happy with how this painting has turned out. It is pretty exciting to think about exploring light and shadows with future still lifes - I love facing a challenge!


Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork!
Happy holidays!
Warmly, Kim
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......