Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Wednesday, March 02, 2016

Learning by Doing



Pictured above are a few of the paintings I've completed as coursework this week in Lynn Whipple's Big Bold Blooms Wild Painting online workshop. For reference, the larger piece on the ground is 24" x 30". I'm working big, and bold, and a little wild!

I learn so much when I take classes from other artists. Besides the obvious content, I get to see how others' teach and how they structure their lessons. And then I get to continue to learn by practicing the lessons on my own, inserting my own ideas and agenda, and determining which processes are keepers.

I really need to reel myself in, though, this time around. I am so inspired by Lynn and the exercises (working with neutrals and layered drawings), my brain is going on fast forward, piecing together all sort of possibilities. I couldn't even sleep last night (yes, I know I am OCD).

In between all of the above, I did some complete some serious work on a commission. But I also need to buckle down and work on another commission before I let myself see tomorrow's lesson. (oh, and if you want to join us, please do - info is here - Big Bold Blooms Wild Painting)

Thanks for following along with my artwork,
Kim
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......