Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Two Generations



Both very much in process, above an untitled (and larger than life) portrait of The Princess, 36" x 48" (gallery stretched canvas), and below, a life sized self portrait, 18" x 24" (panel). Multi media paintings, my own personal collection.

While cleaning out the fish bowl yesterday, I realized that it would make a great vase (started one of those too, with goldfish in the bowl and swimming amongst the roses!), and then began thinking of other non-traditional containers for flowers. That was when my head exploded, which I tried to paint. And I was up most of the night working on it.

Then I made Anna my next victim.

I have mostly thought of painting florals the last couple weeks. I cannot turn my brain off - it is constantly going, even when I'm not at my easel.

I'm really going to have to reel things in soon and paint a couple of dogs!! Meanwhile, the pieces are piling up from the online class I'm taking - I need a bigger studio!

Thanks for following along with my artwork,
Kim

PS Don't the tulips against that turquoise ground give you goosebumps?!


Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......