Skip to main content

NEW PAINTING Leelanau

 

the Talisman paintings from Fox Medicine are now available to purchase via my website


Meet Leelanau, a 24" x24"x 1-3/4" cradled panel. She is named for the area in northern lower Michigan that inspired her, the same place where I went on an artist retreat in September. Leelanau is $1600 plus s&h to the first one asking nicely. Returning collectors, please reach out to me for your 10% off discount code.

The angle of her body and stance gives the feel that she might be looking for a lap. Or a pile of leaves. It's your call. She is lush with golden hued glazes and olive greens layered with pencil line work, giving her a gentle glow.

She, along with her sister paintings, are now listed on my website under Paintings, Fox Medicine. The second image includes Goldie (upper left), Irish (round middle) with Portal below her, Vixen (upper right), Atlas (lower left), Leelanau (bottom middle) and Shrine (lower right). These are originals on cradled panel, with the sides painted (so no need to frame), some featuring added details on the painted sides like feathers, all bearing an additional signature and my fox logo on the verso. They will arrive ready to hang in your home or work space with an extra dash of fox magic. I can also hold onto your purchase and ship closer to the holidays if needed.

As always, I welcome questions or thoughts about my work.

Thanks so much for following along with - and supporting - my art journey, warmly, Kim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Copyright Thieves

Dear Copyright Thieves,   Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's free for the taking. So let's just stop pretending the internet is a free-for-all.   Don't play the card that you didn't know - that's insulting. And don't also tell me that you meant to follow up and get permission but never got a chance to. That's insulting too. And by the way, don't you have a copyright protection notice on your own site?   And don't even try and point the finger at a third party who commissioned you to make a copy of my painting - again, an insult - you and I both know the difference between a reference photo and a painting.   And don't tell me that I asked for it because I share my artwork on the internet. I share my paintings and ideas and the stories behind them so as to encourage others to pursue  their own passions . I do not share so that those lacking integrity and morals can copy and market the images as their own...

Grindstone

"Grindstone", 16" x 20" acrylics on museum quality panel, depicting Grindstone, just a few strides away from winning The Kentucky Derby in 1996. Read more about this painting's story below - it's a good one! And inquiries may come directly  to me .  Paying it Forward Shortly after getting The Derby Gig, which neatly dovetailed my childhood passion for horse racing with my grown up obsession with painting, I started formulating a plan to give back to the universe. As it played out, The Kentucky Derby Museum got involved, and it was decided I would donate a piece to them, something they could use as a fundraising tool to further their education efforts.  "Would I be interested in painting Grindstone, the winner of the 1996 Derby?" they asked. But of course! Little did I know the background story, though. Every year the Museum asks the owners of the Kentucky Derby winner to donate one breeding to the Museum when th...

Golden Open Acrylics

I get all sorts of process oriented questions. Most recently I've been getting asked a lot about my paints and palette, which made me realize what a nice blog topic this would make! I use a Masterson Sta-Wet Premier palette box . This is comprised of a box (think Tupperware) with a sponge liner and a slice of palette paper that work together to keep my paints wet. This setup allows me to work with the same palette for about a full week, having the box open for multiple hours every day. You can see what the palette looks like at the beginning of a new session above - below the exact same palette after this week's work. For the last 25 years I have used Golden brand acrylics, mediums, and varnish. I love the overall quality of these paints and the fact that, when I have a question, their customer service department is made up of artists who actually use the products. Until last year, I used their Heavy Body paints exclusively. They have a buttery consistency, a little loose...