Skip to main content

NEW PAINTING Siesta

 

Siesta, 24" round, acrylic on a cradled circular panel, sides painted with an extension of the surface design, $1800 plus s&h to the first asking nicely. Link to purchase is here. Inquiries are always welcome. 

It's Small Business Saturday.

I have been a working artist for over 20 years. Your support has enabled me to build my studio, which is a small business. A woman owned small business, begun when I left the traditional work force to be home with my children. A business that literally grew alongside them.

A business that bought music lessons, athletic gear, paid team fees, bought uniforms, covered dance tuition, clinics and workshops and tournament experiences for my children. 

A business that goes out of its way to also support small businesses not just in my immediate community but worldwide.

A business model that is focused on philanthropy, having donated thousands of dollars to animal shelters and rescue groups over the last 2 decades.

A business who gives back to her two-legged community via free art instruction through streamable art journaling lessons.

A business that deeply cares about her own community and extended family of collectors, students, and fans.

Thank you for supporting my small business, not just on Small Business Saturday but throughout the entire year. I love coming to work every day because of the difference you make in my life - and the lives of those I love. If you care for immediate links to what I mentioned above, please visit my website, www.KimberlySantini.com.

If you wish to additionally support my business, feel free to share this image on your social media channels. 

Thanks so much for following along with - and supporting - my art journey, warmly, Kim

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Copyright Thieves

Dear Copyright Thieves,   Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's free for the taking. So let's just stop pretending the internet is a free-for-all.   Don't play the card that you didn't know - that's insulting. And don't also tell me that you meant to follow up and get permission but never got a chance to. That's insulting too. And by the way, don't you have a copyright protection notice on your own site?   And don't even try and point the finger at a third party who commissioned you to make a copy of my painting - again, an insult - you and I both know the difference between a reference photo and a painting.   And don't tell me that I asked for it because I share my artwork on the internet. I share my paintings and ideas and the stories behind them so as to encourage others to pursue  their own passions . I do not share so that those lacking integrity and morals can copy and market the images as their own...

Grindstone

"Grindstone", 16" x 20" acrylics on museum quality panel, depicting Grindstone, just a few strides away from winning The Kentucky Derby in 1996. Read more about this painting's story below - it's a good one! And inquiries may come directly  to me .  Paying it Forward Shortly after getting The Derby Gig, which neatly dovetailed my childhood passion for horse racing with my grown up obsession with painting, I started formulating a plan to give back to the universe. As it played out, The Kentucky Derby Museum got involved, and it was decided I would donate a piece to them, something they could use as a fundraising tool to further their education efforts.  "Would I be interested in painting Grindstone, the winner of the 1996 Derby?" they asked. But of course! Little did I know the background story, though. Every year the Museum asks the owners of the Kentucky Derby winner to donate one breeding to the Museum when th...

Golden Open Acrylics

I get all sorts of process oriented questions. Most recently I've been getting asked a lot about my paints and palette, which made me realize what a nice blog topic this would make! I use a Masterson Sta-Wet Premier palette box . This is comprised of a box (think Tupperware) with a sponge liner and a slice of palette paper that work together to keep my paints wet. This setup allows me to work with the same palette for about a full week, having the box open for multiple hours every day. You can see what the palette looks like at the beginning of a new session above - below the exact same palette after this week's work. For the last 25 years I have used Golden brand acrylics, mediums, and varnish. I love the overall quality of these paints and the fact that, when I have a question, their customer service department is made up of artists who actually use the products. Until last year, I used their Heavy Body paints exclusively. They have a buttery consistency, a little loose...