Paintings With Soul

Since October 2006 I've been a daily painter, creating a new pet portrait at least 5 times per week. Over the years I've expanded my offerings to include a variety of animals, pets, race horses, children and other treasured heirlooms. In addition, I accept a limited number of commissions each year.

In 2015 I am honored to be the Kentucky Derby Artist.

You may use the links below right to receive my daily paintings via email or to follow my blog with a feed. I post additional info, including in-process jpgs and other related information, on the studio Facebook page as well.

Meanwhile, thanks
so much for your continued support of my artwork.

Thursday, March 15, 2007


Here’s another old friend, a grizzled Boston Terrier profile. I have been working on this one in small chunks of time over the last couple of days, lying down layers and layers of blues and violets in the shadows. The dog has a very beautiful depth to his coat (which is best appreciated in person – the digital image is flat and dull in the shadows), and despite his age, is just as sturdy and solid as ever.

“Boston Terrier Profile,” 4x8, acrylic pet portrait on canvasboard, $60. Inquiries to ksantini@turtledovedesigns.com .
SOLD.

Now I’ve got to do some preparations for a children’s drawing class I’m leading at our library this evening. The participants are to bring along their favorite stuffed animal, special toy or action figure. I’m off to dig my old Raggedy Anne doll out of storage.

Thanks, as always, for looking.
And for sharing these dog paintings with your friends and family.
Kim

Kimberly Kelly Santini
http://www.turtledovedesigns.com/
distinctive pet portraits
& 4-legged paintings

http://www.paintingadogaday.com/
come. sit. stay.
enjoy the art.

Founding member of the Canine Art Guild
http://www.canineartguild.com/
the gateway to canine art on the web
Share/Save/Bookmark

Similar Dog-a-Day Paintings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

All the Dog-a-Days Ever......